The CityFolk Festival, formerly the Ottawa Folk Festival, is yet another amazing Ottawa music event. The Festival is now located at Lansdowne Park at TD Place on Bank Street. Home to our Ottawa Red Blacks, this is a fantastic outdoor venue.
The dates for the 2017 CityFolk Festival have been announced: this year it will be held from September 13th to 17th, 2017.
Here are some of the great artists that will perform in 2017:
- Jack Johnson (Thursday)
- Amanda Marshall (Friday)
- Broken Social Scene (Friday
- Matt Mays (Saturday)
- Fred Penner (Saturday)
- The Philosopher Kings (Saturday)
You can see the full line-up here.
Some of the artists that have performed in previous years included:
- Amanda Rheaume
- Amos the Transparent
- Born Ruffians
- Carolina Chocolate Drops
- Colin Meloy
- Dave Norris and Local Ivan
- David Lindley
- Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell
- Hey Ocean!
- Jeff Lang
- Kendrick Lamar
- Lynn Miles
- Martyn Joseph
- Matt Andersen
- Mo Kenney
- Patti Smith & Her Band
- Shred Kelly
- Spirit Family Reunion
- Terry Gillespie
- Terry Penner
- The Avett Brothers
- The Belle Game
- The Sheepdogs
- The Wailers
- Winchester Warm
- World Party
- and many more!
Here is some information about the location of the festival, Lansdowne Park at TD Place:
- there are plenty of OC Transpo buses, so check out their website for departure times and buses;
- you can walk or bike if you live downtown;
- the parking there is pretty non existent so we don’t recommend it, but you can check out our transportation page for alternative methods to get you go the action
Here is some additional information that you may find useful about the CityFolk Festival:
- you are encouraged to bring chairs and/or blankets
- pets are not allowed
- glass containers are not allowed
- a great way to see all the shows and help out in your community is to volunteer at the festival
In addition to the main stage, there are other events that take place at the festival:
- music workshops (which you can participate in);
- children’s and family performances
- beer gardens
- craft vendors
- and much more!
Still looking for a place to stay? Here are a few hotels that still have vacancy for the duration of the event:
- Delta Hotel by Marriott – Spare no expense and stay in style. Delta is perfectly located in the heart of downtown, just a block from Sparks St and a short walk to Parliament.
- Lord Elgin – This 3 star hotel let’s you enjoy an equally central location, Elgin and Laurier, without breaking the bank.
- The Business Inn – A little further from the action, but still in the city centre just a few blocks south of City Hall, this budget accommodation let’s you keep more of your money without completely abandoning comfort. After all, you’re here for the music, not the hotel room!
There are different ticket packages that you can buy for the event. Some passes allow you to see almost any show, or you can buy individual tickets. Tickets can be purchased at the following location:
Grab your family and friends and head on out to the Park for the Folk Festival. Enjoy the shows!