As one of the many families in Ottawa, we are always looking for something fun to do with our entire family. Are you like us and are looking for some family outings or attractions to fill up your weekends, summers or evenings? There is a long list of fantastic activities you can do with the whole gang further down the page.
In the meantime….
Are you trying to find an Ottawa playcentre to bring your little ones to or to get together with other friends for a playdate?
Are you trying to plan a chidren’s birthday party in Ottawa?
Heading back to work and looking for daycare in Ottawa?
Are you trying to figure out what to plan for March Break in Ottawa?
Are you trying to find a listing of Summer Camps in Ottawa?
Are you spending Easter in Ottawa and looking for something to do for the entire family?
Are you looking for some great Halloween activities for the family (or for the adults)?
Are you trying to find a listing of the school boards in Ottawa or private schools?
Are you looking for a fun place to go camping in Ottawa for a weekend with the entire family?
Since creating our site, we have received numerous emails from parents trying to find out information on different places around the city for their children. We thought we would share with you some of the topics that came up in their emails.
We are also parents to young children so a lot of what we are going to discuss is from our own experiences.
This section is going through some wonderful changes and improvements so make sure to bookmark it and keep an eye on the new additions!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions (or even some recommendations).
Activities and Resources for Families and Children in Ottawa
Here are some ideas of indoor & outdoor places to visit with your children:
- Valleyview Little Animal Farm
4750 Fallowfield Road
Open from mid-April until the end of October
- Adventure – this will bring you to another section of our website that lists activities for all age groups
- spend a day apple picking at an apple orchard in Ottawa
- Berry Picking – grab the family and spend some time picking fresh strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. There are plenty farms to choose from.
- Concerts & Performances – shows in the past have included Dora the Explorer, The Wiggles and Disney on Ice
- Logos Land
15906 Highway 17, Cobden
1-877-816-6605 or 613-646-9765
- Museums in Ottawa – there are so many museums to choose from
- Ottawa 67s
- Ottawa Senators
- Parc Omega
323 North Road, Montebello
We had an amazing time when we brought our children. We truly believe that this is a hidden gem outside of Ottawa. Not enough people know about it and it really is spectacular!
- Playtime 4 Kids
1547 Merivale Road
- bring the whole family out one of Ottawa’s Pumpkin Patches for some great photos and to pick up some pumpkins for Halloween
- Saunders Farm
7893 Bleek Road in Munster
Award winning mazes, wagon rides, tree forts and beautiful gardens. There really is something for the entire family and EVERY age group.
- Splash Pads
We love taking the kids to the splash pads around Ottawa on a hot, summer day. There are plenty of them around the city.
Here is a list of the Ottawa splash pads
- Sleigh Rides
Various locations to go for a sleigh ride, wagon ride or hay ride with the family
- Ottawa Sugar Bushes – A great way to spend the day and teach our children about a great Canadian tradition!
- Superex – this event usually takes place every August but hasn’t for the past few years as Lansdowne Park goes through major renovations
- Swimming – this section gives you all the details on where to find a great place to cool off or to take a few lessons. Whether it be an indoor pool, outdoor pool, beach or splash pad, Ottawa has it all!
- Tobogganing – a great winter activity to burn off some of that energy!
- Upper Canada Village
- Water parks – pack up the whole family on a hot summer’s day and cool off at one of the Ottawa water parks
Theatre for Children & Youth
- Platypus Theatre
12 Java Street
- Rag and Bone
1693 Boyer Road
- Salamander Theatre
2 Daly Avenue
Accommodations for Children in Ottawa
For those of you who are traveling to Ottawa with your children, you will find a list of accommodations here:
Best Hotels in Ottawa for Families
Our Families in Ottawa section will continue to grow so add Ottawa-Information-Guide to your favourites so you can check back often and find out about other great places in Ottawa to bring your family!
Leave Families in Ottawa page & Return to Main Homepage