The Canadian Tire Centre is a remarkable facility that caters to sports and entertainment events.
Not only is it the home of the Ottawa Senators, Ottawa’s NHL team, it also opens its doors to amazing concerts and performances throughout the year.
It was originally called “The Palladium” when it opened its doors in January 1996. It then became the “Corel Centre”” later that year. Then in January 2006 it was re-named Scotiabank Place. Finally, in July 2013, it was officially re-named Canadian Tire Centre.
This state of the art complex seats over 19,000 people and is located in the west end of Ottawa. It features restaurants, private suites and conference and banquet facilities.
Here is a listing of some of the restaurants, services and venues that can be found at the Canadian Tire Centre:
- Local Heroes
- The Ledge
- Senate Club
- Penalty Box Sandwich Bar
- Frank Finnigan’s
- Sensations – Senators apparel and souvenirs
- Palladium Insurance
- Palladium Sports Medicine & Physiotherapy Centre
613-599-0299 (ext. 1)
You have some choices for transportation:
- you can drive there and park in one of over 6000+ parking spaces. It is fairly easy to get to because it is located directly off of the Queensway (the 417). Just take the Queensway westbound and take the Palladium Drive exit. It will take you about 15-20 minutes from downtown but you should allow for extra time for weeknight events because you will have to contend with rush hour traffic too.
- you can also take public transportation – OC Transpo provides a few different routes for all hockey games and most of the concerts and events
- a lot of the sports bars in Ottawa offer packages including shuttle service to the games
- you can also take a taxi
For a listing of upcoming events here check out our page on Ottawa concerts & performances. There really are some great shows coming soon.
Enjoy your night of hockey, music or other type of entertainment out at the Canadian Tire Centre!