We are so happy to be able to help all the brides and grooms plan their Ottawa Weddings! Congratulations on your upcoming big day! This is such an exciting time for both of you.
We got married in Ottawa quite a few years ago and we know how much work goes in to planning your special day! There is a lot to do and a lot of thought needs to be put into your decisions. Don’t get overwhelmed. Take your time and have fun with it.
Here are some of our tips for staying organized:
- keep an ongoing “to do” list
- ask family/friends for help
- keep a budget sheet and update it regularly (planning your big event is stressful enough – you don’t want to have to worry about overspending in your budget)
- get a great Wedding Planner booklet (they list the tasks you should do at different stages in the planning process)
- make sure to get everything in writing when you speak to a vendor
- do NOT get stressed – the most important part of your day is that you are getting married to the one you love
- choose one or two people you trust to oversee the event on the actual day (make sure it is not someone in your wedding party already as they will be busy). This person (or these people) will need to know what is supposed to happen and when throughout the entire day. You don’t want to have to worry about it – you will be busy enough!
Ottawa Wedding Locations
There are literally hundreds of locations in Ottawa to get married. You can get married inside a church, or a restaurant or a home. You can get married outside in a garden, in a gazebo, under the stars, in a barn or along side the Canal. The possibilities are endless.
Visit our Wedding Locations in Ottawa page for some tips about choosing a location and a list of the various venues around Ottawa to get married.
Ottawa Wedding Dresses
This is one of the fun parts for a lot of brides. Grab a friend or a relative and make your way to one of the many bridal boutiques in the Ottawa area.
Visit our Bridal Shops & Boutiques in Ottawa page for tips about wedding dress shopping and for a list of locations in and around Ottawa.
If you are looking for a list of bakers in Ottawa and you want to know what questions to ask then read more on our Wedding Cakes in Ottawa page.
Ottawa Wedding Favours
Trying to find a way to thank your guests for sharing your special day with you? If you are looking for a list of places to get your wedding favours in Ottawa then check out our Wedding Favours in Ottawa page.
Ottawa Wedding Flowers
Tulips…roses…sunflowers…lilies…daisies…etc! There are SO many flowers to choose from.
Find out more information about questions to ask and a listing of florists on our Wedding Flowers in Ottawa page.
Are you looking for someone to marry you? For those of you who already have a Priest or a Minister or a Rabbi in your house of worship you are very fortunate.
Visit our Ottawa Wedding Officiants and Ministers page for some tips on choosing an Officiant and a list of Officiants in the Ottawa area.
Ottawa Wedding Planners (Consultants)
Are you looking for someone to help plan your wedding? Do you want to take a lot of the stress and pressure off of yourself and just enjoy the experience? If so, check out our Ottawa Wedding Planners & Consultantssection to get some tips on choosing a planner.
There is a very good selection of DJs in the area. They all have very competitive rates and their main goal is that you and your guests have a great time.
Here you will find some tips on choosing a DJ and also a list of Ottawa Disc Jockeys.
If you are interested in hiring a string quartet, trio, duo or harpist for your wedding then check out all our tips and a list of musicians on our Ottawa Musicians page.
Ottawa Wedding Photographers & Videographers
Are you trying to find a photographer or videographer to capture your special day? There are plenty to choose from in Ottawa. Find out more on our Wedding Photographer in Ottawa page.
Planning a Honeymoon
Have you thought about where you want to go for your honeymoon? Do you know where you want to go? Excellent Romantic Vacations is a great site that can help you plan your romantic honeymoon.
Your guests will really appreciate any special touches that you add to your Ottawa wedding. Yes, it is YOUR day, but most of them will have spent money to attend your wedding. Some may have travelled a long distance, some may be staying at a hotel, some may have bought a new outfit and most of them will have bought you a gift. It is your way of saying “thanks for coming and sharing in our special day”.
Here are some ideas to make your guests feel special:
- get each of them small gift (most brides and grooms already do this) to remember your day
- put baskets in the bathrooms of your venue that hold emergency supplies (i.e. gum, mouthwash, lipbalm, spray deodorant, hairbrush etc)
- make every effort possible to speak to each guest individually to thank them for coming (you don’t have to do it person by person, you can go table to table to make it quicker)
- try to get pictures with you & your guests and send them a copy
Don’t forget to check out the various wedding shows that are held at various times throughout the year. You can find a complete list on our trade shows and exhibits page.
Once again, we would like to congratulate you! This is one of the biggest events you will ever plan in your lifetime. Have fun with it and we hope you have fun planning your Ottawa Wedding!
If you would like to do a search for more information (either on the web or through our website), please feel free to use this search function below: