Andaz Ottawa Byward Market
To the east of Ottawa’s Byward Market, Andaz makes it easy to explore the city’s biggest attractions on foot and is always close enough to be able to drop off purchases at the National Gallery shop before heading to Parliament Buildings or happily sucked into the impressively Rideau Center Mall. The killer location means that you are also steps away from Stubbe Chocolates, the first stop on the chocolate tour at the foot of the neighborhood, which is a great way to experience and sample local quality stores you may otherwise walk pass.
Why we love it
The biggest assets of Andaz is the rooms vis-à-vis “view of the city” from the sixth floor (for once, this room description is what you want). Views of Byward Market, the National Gallery, the Ottawa River and the Gatineau Hills are also from Copper Spirits and Sights, the 16th-floor rooftop cocktail bar open to the public. It’s also tempting to pick up some of Canada’s finest snacks in the minibar, including award-winning Chinese squares from local chocolatier hummingbirds, not to mention free water and soft drinks in the mini-refrigerator.
The Westin Ottawa
Located in the vibrant heart of Ottawa, Canada, the Westin Ottawa offers beautiful views of the city’s buildings and the Gatineau Hills. This four-star hotel boasts an amazing saltwater pool. Parliament Hill is just an 8-minute walk from the property.
All the vibrant rooms have contemporary designs, floor to ceiling windows, intricate carpets and elegant furnishings. Each room is equipped with tea/coffee making facilities, an LCD TV and an ironing set. In addition, some rooms have separate sitting areas.
Why we love it
Some of the highlights of the hotel include: excellent concierge and front desk service; the beautiful view from the bar (see above photo); the Independent Restaurant, The Shore Club, which is a gathering place for Ottawa’s power brokers.
Residence Inn by Marriott – Downtown Ottawa
The Residence Inn Marriott is ideally located for travelers seeking close proximity to Ottawa International Airport, just a short drive away. The Residence Inn also offers a free airport shuttle service available on request, allowing you to simplify your travel plans and quickly catch a flight.
Whether it’s a short or long visit to Ottawa, the Residence Inn is focused on the success of your stay. Due to particular attention to detail, there are many ways, large and small, in which they will ensure you have a pleasant visit. There are a variety of suites available with different sleeping facilities, no matter the size of your group or the amount of space you need.
Why we love it
- Each day, a hot breakfast is served in the dining room. The Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa Airport is about a 5-minute walk from Georgie’s Pizzeria serving Chinese food.
- There are commercial facilities such as a meeting room and an on-site business center.
- On-site fitness facilities include a fitness center and a gym.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
- Free public parking is available on site.
Fairmont Chateau Laurier
Fairmont Chateau Laurier is conveniently situated in the center of downtown Ottawa and is just minutes away from its major attractions such as the Shaw Center and the National Arts Center, the National Gallery of Canada, the Shaw Center and the National Arts Center the Parliament Buildings, the Rideau Canal, the Byward Market, the Shaw Center and the National Arts Center.
They recently completed multi-million dollar revitalization. These newly refurbished rooms are a fresh and modern addition to the royal elegance that is synonymous with the hotel, including the upgrade HDTVs and Wi-Fi. The newly upgraded Fairmont Gold includes it updates, which further strengthens Fairmont Château Laurier as the best luxury hotel in Ottawa. Fairmont Gold was completely reimagined and renewed. Expanded to 69 rooms and suites, all recently renovated, with modern details. The luxurious Fairmont Gold Lounge has been refurnished to provide guests with a level of service that will help you make the most of every moment, ensuring an unforgettable stay.
Why we love it
- Within walking distance to Parliament Hill’s shops, restaurants and parks
- Afternoon tea with scones, double cream and strawberry jam at Zoé’s Lounge
- Coloring books and pencils available for children at check-in
- A classic look, thanks to Italian white marble, granite and Czechoslovakian crystal finishes
The only resort in the area, Brookstreet Ottawa is a 4-diamond CAA destination located just 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa. Tanger Outlets Ottawa and the Canadian Tire Center (NHL’s Ottawa Senators home and entertainment center) are less than a 10-minute drive from the hotel.
The hotel’s Perspectives restaurant offers contemporary Canadian cuisine using local ingredients sourced from suppliers in the Ottawa Valley and Ontario. The spacious patio overlooks the golf course and Gatineau Hill while offering one of the best views of the city.
Modern sophistication crosses the hotel, from the cosmopolitan interior of Options Jazz Lounge on-site to the contemporary decor of each guest room. All guest rooms have large windows opening onto fresh air, comfortable duvets, flat-screen HDTVs and free high-speed Internet access.
Why we love it
- Event room rental fee and free parking for all guests
- A 4-course wedding menu and a free buffet menu tasting
- Two glasses of wine per guest and water with dinner
- Brookstreet signature cocktail served during reception
- Wedding cake cut and served with coffee or tea
- Complimentary Deluxe King guest room for Newlyweds
- Guest Room Preferred Rates
- Complimentary photography of the couple outside the banquet hall
- Classic white table linens, flatware, glassware, candles, etc
- Complimentary Golf Tournament