Are you looking for one of the Ottawa Moving Companies to help you? Are you all ready to pack up and move to another house? Some people are happy to gather up their friends & family and do it all themselves! That is definitely a way to save money.
For those that would prefer to hire someone else to do all the work (as we do) we have provided a few tips and a list of Ottawa moving companies that can help you out!
Here are a few tips that we would like to suggest to anyone who is going to move to another apartment or house:
- Shop around! You may end up hiring the first company that you spoke to but it is still a good idea to get a few quotes.
- Ask if they have an insurance program.
- Get an emergency number from them in case they don’t show up on moving day.
- Check if they have any specials for moving mid-month.
- Find out how they handle breakables and valuables (i.e. art).
- Ask if they are a member of the Better Business Bureau.
- Ask if they disassemble and reassemble your furniture.
- If you need your items stored, ask if they provide storage.
- Ask if they charge extra for gas/kilometres from where they are coming from?
- How many breaks are they supposed to have?
- Will they or can they accept a tip?
The following is a list of some of the Moving Companies in the Ottawa area:
1st Rate Movers
AMJ Campbell Van Lines
AMJ Campbell Van Lines Inc.
Allied Van Lines
Bluebird Transportation Services
Intercontinental Van Lines
Parkway Van Lines
Rideau Street Youth Enterprises
Two Small Men with Big Hearts
Good luck with your move! We hope everything goes smoothly. Enjoy your new house & your new neighbourhood.