There are a lot of Ottawa Home Builders who can build you a brand new home (there is an extensive list further down the page). Ottawa is constantly expanding and there are new homes and subdivisions being developed in all areas of the city.
We were in search for a home builder in Ottawa a couple years ago when we decided that we wanted to build a brand new home instead of buying a previously owned home. We used to go out on a regular basis to see different builders and their different models of homes. Honestly, we loved that part!
Here are a few tips that we recommend when shopping around for a new home builder in Ottawa:
- Do your homework. Go look at a lot of homes.
- Make a list of what you want and what you don’t want. You may get ideas when you see different models.
- Find out what is included in the price and what are upgrades. A lot of model homes are filled with upgrades so what you see is not necessarily what you get.
- Ask questions. The sales person is there to answer all of your questions. If you find that they are too busy with other potential buyers, go back for another visit or call them so you can have all of your questions answered.
- Ask friends, family & co-workers for their recommendations.
- Try to find reviews about your builder on the internet. Various forums and websites have reviews from homeowners.
- If there is no model for the home that you want then make sure that you get very detailed, specific information about your home. Builders will have floor plans of your home but make sure you know where everything is (i.e. windows, water heater, light switches) and dimensions of all the rooms.
Here is a list of some of the Ottawa Home Builders:
Ashcroft Homes Inc.
Homes by M.B.
Land Ark Homes
Ottawa Carleton Construction
Savvy Custom Builders
Happy house shopping with one of the Ottawa Home Builders! It can be a really fun experience.
Leave Ottawa Home Builders and Return to Homepage