Are you visiting Ottawa on vacation and looking for a hotel? Ottawa has some really great deals on 3-star hotels. Where to start? Here’s our list of the best 5.
The 5 Best 3-Star Hotels in Ottawa, Canada
Residence Inn Ottawa Airport Mariott
Located in South End, this hotel is 1.8 km from South Keys Mall and 3 miles from the Rideau Canal. Mooney’s Bay Park and Vincent Massey Park are also less than 3 mi (5 km) away.
At Residence Inn Ottawa Airport, guests can enjoy features such as an indoor pool, fitness center and free Wi-Fi in public areas. There is free parking and a free airport shuttle during limited hours. Staff members are available to provide dry cleaning / laundry services, tour or ticket assistance, and a safe deposit box at the front desk. Additional amenities include 2 meeting rooms, a business center, and a coffee shop/café.
Start your day with a complimentary full breakfast. For a nice breakfast, mingle with the other guests at the free manager’s desk.
All 120 air-conditioned rooms have a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, stovetops and dishwasher. Guests can expect a 32-inch flat-screen TV with cable channels, as well as free Wi-Fi and wired Internet. Sofa beds, coffee makers and free local calls are also standard.
Why we love it
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms and public areas
- Free parking
- Free Airport Shuttle
Albert at Bay Suite Hotel
When life brings you to Ottawa, live large at The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel. Why not stay in an apartment size suite for the same price as a cramped hotel room? The Hotel has the largest suites in Ottawa, incredible on-site facilities, make up the outstanding value and convenience you are looking for in an all-inclusive hotel.
Looking for more? The downtown location allows you to enjoy the looks and sounds that make Canada’s capital truly stand out. Within walking distance you will find great attractions including the famous Rideau Canal, ByWard Market, Parliament Hill and world-class amazing museums.
Why we love it
- Ottawa’s largest hotel suites include fully-equipped kitchens and separate lounges
- On-site amenities include a fully equipped fitness center, a 24-hour business center, secure underground parking, a rooftop patio and a 24-hour convenience store
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Children under 16 stay free of charge, so that families can spread out with room to spare
Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport
Choose a spacious and comfortable guest room or suite at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Ottawa Airport. Located five minutes from Ottawa’s MacDonald Cartier International Airport and 15 minutes from downtown Ottawa, the hotel is ideally located for both business and leisure travelers.
The soundproofed rooms and patented Garden Sleep System beds are designed to offer you an exceptionally relaxing night’s sleep. Complimentary Internet access in your room and a 24-hour business center allow you to contact your loved ones or stay in touch with the office. Maintain your fitness routine by exercising in the free fitness center and swimming pool. Start the day with a delicious breakfast in The Garden Grille & Bar, and enjoy in-room dining service.
Why we love it
- Great location 5 minutes east of Ottawa’s MacDonald Cartier International Airport
- 15 minutes from downtown Ottawa
- Free 24-hour airport shuttle
- 7,200 square feet of flexible meeting space
- Free Wi-Fi and 24-hour business center
- Fitness Center and Indoor Swimming Pool
With regard to travel to Ottawa, it would be difficult to find a more central accommodation than the Lord Elgin Hotel. It is just at the intersection of Elgin and Laurier Streets, a short walk from Parliament Hill, War Memorial, Chateau Laurier, the Government Conference Center and the National Arts Center. The Confederation Park, one of the main Winterlude sites, is located right across the street.
Lord Elgin is one of the most upscale hotels in downtown Ottawa, steps from the Rideau Canal and Confederation Park. Stay there and discover the most alluring and captivating regions of Ottawa, Canada’s beautiful capital city. Dive into vibrant festivals, museums, galleries, eclectic restaurants and a world of shops and boutiques. The extraordinary location of Lord Elgin offers generous pleasures within easy walking distance. Originally built in 1941, Lord Elgin is a part of Ottawa’s history. Independent and thoroughly Canadian, this historic landmark is a leader among downtown Ottawa hotels.
Why we love it
- Free internet (Wi-Fi)
- Free local calls
- 42 “flat screen TVs with HD
- in-room safe
- Open windows for fresh air
- Umbrella (Elgin Classrooms)
- Eco-program “Stay Green & Save”
- I-home docking station/alarm clock
- Showers in most rooms (bathtubs on request)
- 360 Tour of a guest room
Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites
The Best Western Plus is within walking distance of the Canadian Museum of Nature and two and a half miles from Carleton University and the University of Ottawa. The Royal Ottawa Golf Club is seven miles away and Gatineau Park is 11 miles away. Guests are eight miles from Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport.
Set in a high-rise building, the hotel’s 123 rooms are equipped with free Wi-Fi, a kitchenette, coffee maker, luxurious bedding and fluffy bathrobes. All rooms are non-smoking. Treat yourself to a free daily breakfast and enjoy panoramic views of the city center from the hotel’s outdoor terrace. You can work out in the on-site gym and soothe your muscles in the hot tub. Laundry and valet services, a business center and complimentary newspapers are also available. Parking is available at an additional cost.
Why we love it
- The commercial facilities include a copier, laptops and a meeting room.
- A sauna, a spa center and a Jacuzzi are available for guests’ relaxation. A fitness center and a gym are available on site.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
- A public paying car park is available on site.