Shopping for a wedding dress can be one of the most exciting parts of planning a wedding.
Finding that perfect dress is important and it is made easy when you find the perfect place that has knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Do you know what style of dress you are looking for? Have you looked through catalogues or brochures to get some ideas? You may want to ask yourself some questions in advance in order to narrow down the search:
- the length of train
- straps or no straps or spaghetti straps
- colour (ivory, white or another colour)
- plain or some design or a lot of design
- what material
- will you want to wear a veil
- will you want to wear gloves
These are just a few ideas to think about before you go. One piece of advice that I really appreciated my friend telling me in advance was to go in there with an open mind. It is not uncommon for a bride-to-be to buy a dress that is completely different than the one she pictured herself in. Many women I know (myself included) ended up buying a style that we had not even thought about in advance.
Here are a few more suggestions/tips that we have when looking for wedding dresses in Ottawa:
- bring a friend or family member with you – you may appreciate a second opinion and it makes the experience a bit more fun
- bring a camera (call the boutique in advance to make sure they allow cameras)
- if you can, try not to go on a Saturday morning – this is a really busy time at most boutiques
- try on as many dresses as you want
- visit a few boutiques so you see the different selections and price ranges
- make a list of the dresses that you liked and the style and at what boutique so you don’t forget
- if time allows, try to go well in advance of your wedding date. If you dress has to be ordered this can take several months.
- if you are looking for a dress at the last minute or you are trying to save money, many of the boutiques have sales racks with great deals
- and most importantly…have fun! It can be a fun but stressful experience. Remember that not ALL dresses will look perfect on you so don’t get discouraged. You will find the perfect one for your special day.
You can find wedding dresses in Ottawa at these Bridal Shops & Boutiques:
All That Glitters Bridal Salon
2333 Church St., North Gower
Ashton Station Bridal
17A Albert Street, Carleton Place
428 Kent Street
Bridals by Al Mor
20 King Street, Chesterville
1276 Wellington Street
2130A Montreal Road
Billings Bridge Plaza
Luxe Bridal Boutique
206 & 208 Dalhousie Street
10 Prescott Street, Kemptville
Martino’s Bridal Alterations and Tailoring
1849 Rosebella Ave.
McCaffrey Haute Couture
465 Sussex Drive
Mia Bridal Co
1600 Merivale Rd. Suite 15
Pink Diamond Affair
90 Beechwood Avenue
10 Lake Avenue West, Carleton Place
1300 Carling Avenue
With Love Bridal Boutique
66 Hearst Way, Ottawa
1106 Somerset Street
Goodluck shopping for Ottawa Wedding Dresses! We hope you have a fun day (or days) shopping for that perfect dress.
If you would like to do a search for more information (either on the web or through our website), please feel free to use this search function below: