There are a lot of locations in Ottawa to purchase your wedding flowers. The styles and prices can vary drastically. You definitely want to shop around and ask family and friends for their recommendations.
Here are a few things to keep in mind or questions to ask when shopping for your wedding flowers:
- are there any flowers that have special meaning to you? If so, you may want to incorporate them into your day.
- do you have a favourite flower?
- do you want to coordinate the colour of your bouquet with the attendants’ attire?
- do you know what you want for the boutonnieres and other family members?
- do you need flowers for decorating the cake table, head table or other tables in your reception hall?
- ask what flowers are in season at the time of your wedding (this can have an effect on your budget)
- do you need flowers for your hair or for your attendants’ hair?
- make sure to get everything in writing
Here is a list of some of the florists in Ottawa that can help you with your Ottawa wedding flowers & bouquets:
900 Greenbank Road
Alta Vista Flowers
1645 Bank Street
Creations By Candice
1910 St. Laurent Blvd.
Flowers by Marigold
1160 Beaverwood Road
Mood Moss Flowers
186 Beechwood Avenue
15 Antares Drive
Scrim’s Florist Ltd.
262 Elgin Street
613-232-1733 or 1-800-567-1493
420 Hazeldean Road
282 Richmond Road
Many brides are also getting their flowers at their local grocery store like Loblaws or Sobey’s. The prices are very competitive and the flowers are beautiful.
Good luck choosing your wedding flowers!