The Westin Hotel in Ottawa is a large 496-room downtown hotel. It is in walking distance to many of the top tourist attractions like the Byward Market, Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal, Sparks Street and much more.
Not only is the Westin close to a lot of the biggest attractions, it also offers spectacular views of them too such as Parliament Hill and the Rideau Canal.
Living in Ottawa, we haven’t had the chance to stay in any of the rooms at the Westin but we have been in the hotel (picking up visitors to Ottawa) often and it is absolutely beautiful. We also see it often as we are downtown on a weekly basis. It really is in a prime location.
Here are some facts that you may want to know about the Westin in Ottawa:
- connected to the brand new, state of the art Ottawa Convention Centre;
- connected to the Rideau Centre (great shopping);
- great meeting facilities (44,000 square feet);
- fantastic location to have a wedding;
- home to Daly’s Restaurant (an Ottawa favourite), Daly’s Cafe and the Shore Club Restaurant and Bar; and
- they have an indoor saltwater pool, a gym and two international squash courts.
Here is their contact information:
11 Colonel By Drive
If we were tourists and wanted to stay in a beautiful, centrally located hotel, this would be one of our first choices in Ottawa. It is in the perfect location and offers so much to their guests. You will be well taken care of here.