March Break in Ottawa (2016) will be from March 14th to 18th, 2016 and in Gatineau it will be from February 29 to March 4th, 2016.
Not sure what to do or what to plan for your children? Can’t take a lot of time off of work? No worries! Check out our list of fun events and activities that you can register your children for. There is surely something here that will please all age groups.
Keep in mind, we can’t list them all but this will give you a few more ideas of what to sign the kids up for. Please contact them for more detailed information:
City of Ottawa Recreation The City of Ottawa plans oodles of great activities for the entire family. They have programs for:
- arts & crafts
- and so much more.
- Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum – They don’t have an actual camp but they do have some special activities planned for that week. Read more details about their activities and exhibits on the Canadian Agriculture Museum website
- A Gym Tale
- Above the Rim Basketball School – full day camps for those who love basketball!
- Carleton University – sports camps
- Future Kids – Digital Kids – educational and fun computer camps
- The Independent Filmmaker’s Co-operative of Ottawa – camp activities include acting, directing, animation, sound recording and more!
- Kanata Gymnosphere – gymnastics for all ages
- Kanata Montessori School – swimming, games, crafts, songs, stories, baking etc
- Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts – martial arts & field trips
- Ottawa Athletic Club – various sports, crafts and games
- Ottawa Catholic School Board – camps for children for all school boards. Some camps include “Survivor Camp”, Tennis Camp, “Go Girl Camp” and more
- Ottawa Gymnastics Centre – various gymnastics programs
- Ottawa Humane Society
- Ottawa Public Library – various activities, crafts and other fun stuff at most of the libraries around Ottawa
- OYP Theatre School – French and English class
- Pawsitively Pets
- Pottery Playhouse
1300 Main Street, Stittsville
- Shenkman Arts Centre – acting, mixed media, drawing, pottery, dance etc
- Spring Action – fun trampoline camp!
- Starr Gymnastics – day camps, full week camps, lots of fun
- Tracy’s Art Studio – art classes
- Westar Farms – horseback riding lessons
- Winners Day Camps – games, sports, arts & crafts, drama, for boys & girls aged 3-12
Fun Outdoor Activities for the whole family:
You can also do a lot of fun stuff outdoors on your own, without signing up for a camp:
a visit to the Ottawa Sugar bushes;
skating at a local arena (or outdoor rinks and/or Canal if it is really cold out still);
and so many other activities!
Indoor Activities for everyone:
Too cold for the little ones outside? Museums are a great alternative when the weather isn’t cooperating, plus they have the added bonus of being educational – shhhh!
Need a break from winter? There are lots of fun places to visit that don’t require snowsuits and winter gear:
fun stuff in your own home
Don’t forget that March Break can be a great wind-down time for children. Instead of signing them up for a camp or an activity for the entire week, you can also plan some fun stuff at home for a day or two. You can find a fun project to do together, you can watch a favourite movie or you can even bake some yummy treats that they can bring back to their friends when they return to school. The opportunities are endless!
Our March Break in Ottawa section is being updated often so we can provide lots of great ideas for you and your family. Please bookmark this page and check back very soon!