It is conveniently located at 50 Rideau Street which borders Colonel By Drive, Nicholas Street, Rideau Street and Mackenzie King Bridge. It is within walking distance to the Byward Market, Parliament Hill and the Canal.
We love going there to do some shopping and to get a bite to eat at the Rideau Centre. It helps that it is within walking distance to our work!! How convenient is that!? It is definitely one of the most popular malls in Ottawa.
Here is a list of just a few of the stores that you will find here:
- The Bay
- Harry Rosen
- Shopper’s Drug Mart
- Banana Republic
- Old Navy
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Eddie Bauer
- David’s Tea
- and many more!
Here are a few of the services provided:
- OC Transpo Sales & Information – keep in mind that at the end and beginning of every month, there can be a long line to get bus passes! Be prepared.
- Good Life Fitness
- Dental Centre
- Food Court
- The Exchange Restaurant
- and more
There is also a movie theatre called the Empire Theatre which is located on the 4th floor Centre Court.
How do I get there?
- You can drive and park in one of the nearby parking garages or attempt to find parking in the Byward Market
- You can take an OC Transpo bus – there are a lot of buses that go along Rideau but the main place to catch a bus is on Mackenzie King Bridge (this is a section of the Transitway that goes through the downtown core)
- If you are staying at a hotel downtown or working in the area, the mall is within walking distance
Have a great time shopping! Or eating! Or watching a movie!