The Bell Capital Cup is the largest hockey tournament for young atom and peewee hockey players aged 9-12 years old. This annual tournament welcomes players from all over the world, including Canada, the United States, Europe & Asia.
Many of our friends’ children play in the cup and it is one of the tournaments that they look forward to the most.
The dates for the 2016 Bell Capital Cup has not been announced yet.
Besides over 1000 hockey games, there are plenty of other activities for everyone to enjoy. Here is a list of some of the extra activities that were included at the tournament in recent years:
- Scotiabank-Canadian Tire All Star Games
- the Scotiabank-Canadian Tire Skills Competitions
- Esso pre-tournament friendly games on December 28th
- a featured Ottawa Senators game during the tournament
- the Esso Gameday Experience (Senators open practice)
- and much more!
In past years, some of the locations the tournament was held at:
- Canadian Tire Centre (formerly known as Scotiabank Place)
- Ray Friel Complex
- Bell Sensplex
- Cavanagh Sensplex
- Goulborn Recreation Complex
- Minto Arena
- Kanata Rec Centre
- Nepean Sportsplex
- Barrett Arena
- and many more areas around Ottawa.
This unique tournament welcomes thousands of young visitors and their families to Ottawa every year. On behalf of the Ottawa-Information-Guide, we want to welcome you to our city. We hope that all the young players have fun during their games and during their off ice activities as well. Take some time to look around this site for more information on where to go and what to see while you are here.
Accommodations can be arranged through the organizers of the event for festival participants but for those of you who are going to make your own arrangements, you can find more information on our Ottawa Accommodations page.