One of Ottawa’s best music events is the Ottawa Jazz Festival. With various styles of jazz it draws crowds of all ages.
The 2016 Ottawa International Jazz Festival will be held from June 23 – July 3, 2016. It will be 10 nights of amazing talent right in the heart of Ottawa.
The lineup is always fantastic. In the past, the festival has included artists such as:
- Willie Nelson and Family
- Boz Scaggs
- The Bad Plus
- Ben Taylor
- Gregory Porter
- They Heavy
- Mike Murley Septet
- Erin Costelo Quartet
- and many more.
There are so many styles of jazz to choose from that you are bound to find something that you really enjoy. Some of the various jazz styles that are at the Ottawa International Jazz Festival are:
- Big Band
The Jazz Festival takes place in different venues but they are all within walking distance of each other. They are all located in downtown Ottawa:
- Confederation Park
- Festival Plaza
- Rideau Centre
- Brookstreet Hotel
Here is some additional information that you may find useful about the Jazz Festival:
- parking can be difficult to find so if you can please carpool or take an OC Transpo bus
- you can bring lawnchairs and/or blankets if you want to sit throughout part of the show
- you are not allowed to take photos or videos of the performances
- the performances are rain or shine
There are different ticket packages that you can buy for the event. Some passes allow you to see almost any show or you can buy individual tickets. Tickets can be purchased at the following locations:
- Jazz Festival Office at 61A York Street or by calling 613-241-2633
- CD Warehouse locations (select tickets and passes)
- Compact Music (select tickets and passes)
We hope you find some time to go downtown Ottawa to enjoy at least one of the shows at the Ottawa Jazz Festival. Have a great time and enjoy the show!