The National Arts Centre (NAC) is an amazing facility that is situated right in the heart of downtown Ottawa. The NAC is located at 53 Elgin Street beside the beautiful Rideau Canal.
The NAC features hundreds of Canadian and International artists throughout the year who perform in dance, English theatre, French theatre, musical shows and much more. There are performances that will suit everyone.
The NAC is internationally known for their orchestra. The National Arts Centre Orchestra is under the direction of Alexander Shelley and plays all over the world as well as at home in the NAC.
One of our favourite perfomances that is held annually at the NAC is the Nutcracker. It has been performed by Canadian and International ballet companies. It is always a crowd pleasure no matter which ballet company is chosen. We look forward to going there every year.
Upcoming performances at the NAC in Ottawa can be found on the website for the NAC or Ticketmaster or our Ottawa Concerts page. There are literally hundreds of amazing shows for you to see.
Here is some useful information about the NAC:
- It is within walking distance of most downtown Ottawa hotels
- It is within walking distance of so many great restaurants in Ottawa
- If you are driving to the NAC, take the Nicholas exit from the Queensway then turn left on to Laurier and then right on to Elgin.
- There is underground parking available
- Most downtown OC Transpo bus routes will take you within walking distance to the NAC.
- The NAC is fully wheelchair accessible
You can purchase tickets for the NAC a few different ways:
- through the NAC box office in person
- through the NAC box office by phone at 613-947-7000 ext. 280
- through Ticketmaster (ticketmaster.ca or 613-755-1111)
For those of you who are visiting Ottawa, we hope you find some time to take in one of the NAC’s performances.
For those of you who live here or go to school here, keep an eye out for some great upcoming shows. There will be something for everyone.
Enjoy this specatcular complex in downtown Ottawa! We sure do!