The Ottawa Airport is called the “Ottawa International Airport” and is conveniently located in the south end of Ottawa. It is a short driving distance from many areas of Ottawa including downtown.
The airport was recently renovated and the new terminal is spectacular. Even though it is an international airport it is still small enough so you don’t have to walk around endlessly to find your gate. The departure and arrival areas are all clearly marked for those who are flying or for those who are coming to pick somebody up.
Here is some useful information about the airport:
- Address: 1000 Airport Parkway Private
- open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- numerous car rental offices at the airport
- limousine and/or taxi service is available
- hotel shuttles and public transportation are available
- there is a Park & Ride close by so you can park your car and then take a shuttle to the airport
- there is a currency exchange and bank machines
- an information kiosk is located on the first level (by the arrival area)
- most large airlines fly in and/or out of the airport. Check availability of flights to Ottawa, find the best deal, compare prices and read what other travelers have to say at TripAdvisor.
Here are some of the various concession and retail services available:
- a few different bars and restaurants including Nate’s & Byward Taps
- Tim Horton’s
- Second Cup
- various retail stores including Bentley, Byward Marche, Relay, Virgin Records
There is a small area on the top floor (near the restaurant) where you can watch the planes land and take off. Our kids love going there (even on days when we aren’t actually flying anywhere)! It’s a great place to bring the kids for a little outing.
We are the airport about 5-6 times per year and we loved travelling out of it. When our friends and family come to visit us, they are always amazed at our airport and love how easy it is to navigate.
We hope you and/or your loved ones have a safe journey to or from the Ottawa International Airport. For those who were visiting Ottawa, we hope you had a fantastic visit and that we see you again in Ottawa soon.
Leave Ottawa Airport and return to Homepage