There are a lot of very talented Ottawa musicians, quartets, duos and harpists who can add a special touch to your Ottawa wedding or other event. You can choose between many different instruments such as the violin, piano, harp and guitar.
When we were organizing our wedding we knew we wanted to have a duo play beautiful music for our guests at our ceremony and for our cocktail hour. Our guests told us that it added such a nice atmosphere.
There are quite a few companies in Ottawa for you to hire a musician. Their services and prices may differ slightly so you may want to shop around and ask family and friends for their recommendations.
Here are a few things to keep in mind or questions to ask when you are looking for a musician or group of musicians to play at your wedding:
- when do you want them to play? Just at the ceremony? At the reception as well?
- what are the rules at your ceremony location? Does your place of worship allow other musicians to play or do you have to hire their own musicians?
- what pieces of music do you want and when do you want it played?
- do you need to have an amp or electrical outlet for any of the instruments (i.e. piano)?
- do the musicians take breaks? If so, when?
- do the musicians have sheet music for all the music you want?
- do you need to feed the musicians?
- can they provide demo tapes for you to listen to?
- if it is an outdoor event, do they need to be in the shade?
There are quite a few musicians in Ottawa to play at your wedding. Here is a list of a few that we know of:
Caroline Leonardelli (harp)
DaisyTrain(5-piece eighties band)
Duo d’Amore (violin & cello)
Impromptu Strings (string quartet, trio, or duet )
Sax Appeal (saxophone quartet)
Kimberley Dunn (singer, piano, flute)
Marion Arthur (cellist)
You may also be able to find musicians at the local Universities and Colleges too.
Good luck in your search for Ottawa musicians.